 Star Wars / 16055
Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 04:42:04 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
It's important to understand that the "race-card" was played a long time
ago.  A bunch of pale danes sat around a room and decided what primary color
would work best as a "flesh" tone.  They looked at each other and the choice
was ethno-centric.

    Actually, I remember hearing that they did polls to see what the public
thought would be more appropriate.  The public chose "yellow" (or at least
"pre-existing brick color") over "flesh-tones".  I'll grant you that at the time
they probably only polled in Europe (since they probably didn't have much of an
intercontinental market at that time), but if their customer base didn't want
true flesh-tones, they couldn't afford to ignore them.