 Star Wars / 16080
Re: Darth Vader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:26:30 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, John Gerlach wrote:
   The actor doing the voice of Darth Vader suit is James Earl Jones

JohnG, GMLTC

Okay?? There is a guy inside the suit, right? So then why would another person be needed to do the voice?

Because James Earl Jones isn’t 6’7” tall, and David Prowse doesn’t have the deep booming voice that George Lucas was looking for (listening for?) for Darth Vader...

I can’t believe we’re even discussing this.

JohnG, GMLTC