 Star Wars / 16074
Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:50:48 GMT

Instead, I see the NBA figs and Lando as prototypes for updating the • minifigs...
to make them better.

Agreed 100%.  This only means that the company is working to make the
product even better.  At brickfest, I asked during the QandA if the NBA
race/plastic color was going to continue into the other themes like world
city. The reply was No.  However I guess I should have asked about Star Wars
specifically, becuase at the end of the product unveiling 20 minutes later
it was quite clear that the answer to my question was yes.  Even if they do
not currently plan to exand on this into other themes, I would logically
think that these recent baby steps towords racially destinguishable minifigs
are only an affirmation that this trend will proliferate to other themes
eventually.

btw... whoever said darth vader was black is wrong... he's a black man
playing a white man... who's skin is grey both in the movie and the
minifig...

kumba ya

-tk