 Star Wars / 11645
Re: There goes the neighborhood b/w Look who's coming to dinner.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:25:14 GMT

I was trying to reson out why Lego hasn't included imperial soldiers (esp in
sets like the AT-ST).  My old logic was, that Lego doesn't like too many new
pieces in one series and the ninja helms wouldn't really work.  Then I saw a
nice AT-ST driver MOC using a vader helm with the front face cut out.  So
why not this helm variant?  This was my reasoning...

I belive that the look of the imperial soliers in the original Star Wars
movie were patterned from German uniforms from WWII (esp. the helms).  The
look is supposed give them that "evil" feel.  Perhaps Lego is shying away
from imperal soldiers because they would look too much like little Nazis
right out of the box?

What do you think?,
Matt

In lugnet.starwars, Daniel Crichton writes:
"Rick Hallman" <legodude725@removeaol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Mark Chittenden writes:
I think he was talking about a minifig pack wish.

BTW - call me dumb, but what is the difference between a sandtrooper and • a
regular stormtrooper??

A Sandtrooper has an orange patch on his shoulder, a stormtrooper does • not.

Rick "Who plays Jedi Knight: DF 2 and watch Stormtroopers say "Ahh!"
Hallman

Don't forget the backpack too! Needs lots of room to carry brushes to get
rid of sand after a hard days work :)

Dan "Who plays Unreal Tournament with huge Star Wars maps and Warhammer 40K
models and says 'Cor blimey!'" Crichton