 Star Wars / 10841
Re: There goes the neighborhood b/w Look who's coming to dinner.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 07:21:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Damien Nesbit writes:
    I just recieved three copies of Tie Fighter (7146) in the mail from
lego shop at home. To my great surprise, i found that all of my complaining
(though definitely not mine alone) may have influenced a positive decision
at TLC.  Brown headpieces.  Believe it suckas.

You must have missed this discussion way back when the TIEs hit the shelves.

Personally, I think that the TIE Pilot heads might well be TLC's way of testing
the waters... if no one complains about the tone of brown, or something, they
might well put out Lando or Mace sometime in the future.  If a huge stink
arises, they have the plausible deniability to say that the color is
meaningless, the "head" is just a way to support the helmet.

Some people claimed that TLC made the head a darker shade so it would blend
better with the TIE Pilot flight suit- but I doubt it.  In that case, why not
make it black?  And why does the Stormtrooper, in the same set, have a yellow
head, when it shows through just as much?

I haven't modified the heads... I don't go in for painting up the bricks.
Still, I have high hopes for Mace Windu, so I can make a John Shaft minifig for
my town.  Every town needs a Shaft.

eric

"Pass me my lightsaber... it's the one that says 'Bad M..' on it"