 Star Wars / 11586
Re: There goes the neighborhood b/w Look who's coming to dinner.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 14:54:20 GMT

You could at least tell us how Yoda and the Ewoks are made.  Like standard
minifigs?  Specially molded heads on standard torsos & legs?  A single
molded piece like Sebulba?

In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Teets writes:
Well sorry to hear that,but he's coming, with a VERY big ship (it's going to
get very expensive if you want a lot of them).  Also, Yoda shows up as a
minifig.  I just hope that since the sets look decent, the movie won't suck.

Matt

In lugnet.starwars, Geordan Hankinson writes:
I'm not going to believe a word of this until I see pics so...

-Geordan-

In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Teets writes:
Posting pictures of Ewoks is public endangerment, it cause projectile
vomitting in some people...
Oh, you mean Mace Windu.  No can do, he has the hereto unknown Jedi Power of
"does not appear in photographs" so your out of luck for the moment.  We are
waiting for our shipment of those little creatures that cancel out Jedi
powers so we can snap a pic.  But I have personally observed him.

Matthew Teets

In lugnet.starwars, Geordan Hankinson writes:
I'll hold you to this you know! unless of course you reveal the
pics...pretty please?

-Geordan-

In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Teets writes:
I normally don't reply to posts this old....but it is topical....

An anonymous source gave me the following information (plus showed me some
pics) on 2002 sets.

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHHOOD!!!
Ewoks make their appearance in a set...

LOOK WHO'S COMING TO DINNER!!!
A BROWN Mace Windu will be part of the 2002 Episode 2 line-up.  Brown face,
brown hands, otherwise very Jedi-ish.
Also, Slave I is being re-released at about two times the size.  It
apparently appears as a different bounty hunters ship in the movie, but you
can't hide that it's the same ship but done up like it should have been in
the first place, MUCH better scale.

I have other great info, but hey go find your own source :)

Matt

In lugnet.starwars, Damien Nesbit writes:
    Yup, yer right.  I definitely missed the discussion on the subject when
these sets first appeared.  Its been a while since I've had some extra cash
to grab some Legos with, as it has also been some time since I could devote
my mental energies to pondering all subjects Lego.  If you've got the time,
give me #'s of the postings and I'll bring myself up to date on the issue
when I can.
    I have to say, though, that I agree with you.  Every town needs a
Shaft(What about a Jack of Spades from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!"?).  I also
agree that this is Lego's way of testing the waters on the subject.  I hope
that it's being greeted with a positive response.  I, for one, must commend
TLC on being so enacting such measures so quickly.  It seems to me that they
might have had the Tie Pilot minifigs slated to have the same black
headpieces that the Imperial Guards have in the Imperial Shuttle set, but
figured that it'd be relatively easy to slip the new brown heads into this
set, and just went for it!  Hooray!!!  And extra kudos to LUGNET in general.
I daresay that this might not have been implemented had we no forum such as
this to rant and conversate within as TLC stands back and listens (or reads,
however the case may be).