 Star Wars / 11623
Re: There goes the neighborhood b/w Look who's coming to dinner.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:11:54 GMT

"J. Irvine" <irvinej@accuvera.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Daniel Crichton writes:
Maybe it's an Endor Luke, the Biker Scout would be a natural match, and • the
Stormtrooper was added because when Han, Leia and the others are captured
there are Stormtroopers around, and we all asked for more Stormtroopers • :)

Hmm. Possibly. That would make sense if not for the fact that the Speeder
Bike set already has an Endor Luke and 2 scout troopers. However, I • already
have a dozen or so scout troopers and only 2 stormtroopers. If this is • TLC's
attempt to give us a cheaper alternative than the TIE to get stormies, I'm
somewhat disappointed.

After I wrote I thought exactly the same thing. It would make more sense to
have 2 stormtroopers and a rebel trooper in Endor gear but the minifig sets
all contain major characters so Luke would be the obvious choice. Would have
been better to have Bespin Luke and 2 stormies :)  If we do have to have
another Endor Luke then it should be with 2 stormies, and if there happened
to be a single orange epaulette in the box and a single backpack then I'd
end up buying loads just for the ability to have rebel Endor troopers,
stormies, and sandtroopers. Hmm.

All that said, I'm still going to get a bunch of them if/when it comes • out.
The cammo-pattern torso is cool, and you can never have too many • Imperials.
Can't pass up the chance at more stormies. :)

I'm going to get another speeder set just so I can turn Luke into Leia and
recreate the speeder chase! Just got to find one in Birmingham (UK), TRU had
none left on Saturday.

Dan