 Space / 6724
Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:21:36 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Mark Sandlin writes:

Some (2) would say that SW brought the deterioration of Space either way,
coz Insectoids and LOM are (in *their* opinion, not mine!) nowhere near
quality of classic space or even more recent themes.

Depends on who you ask. I don't think Exploriens or UFO were very good,
either. Personally, I don't think there have been any really good Space sets
since around 1995-1996.

It does depend upon who you ask.  I don't like any space sets after 1983 but
that's just me.

Others would say SW didn't do anything, that LEGO was going down in all
their fields anyway, and SW was the only good thing that came out of recent
years.

I can agree with that. SW has come out with a lot of good parts, and they're
generally built better than many recent sets.

<Me too me too> I also like the SW sets in terms if pieces parts, although
some of the color uses can always be debated.
</me too me too>

And me? I think Space is Space. Castle rules. So there. ;-)

Yeah, just look at all the new Castle sets in the catalog! There's the um...
well... maybe the..... oh wait, never mind. ;^)

I personally believe in totally messing with the mini-figs environment.
Nothing like putting King Leo in the cockpit of a Galaxy Explorer or having
ninjas run around a pirate ship.

(junior)