 Year / 2001 / 677
Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:12:23 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Paul Baulch writes:
Pah! Castle rules what! Endless rehashes of the Tolkien universe! Yawn! It's
a pity I don't know of any Castle sites by Japanese AFOLs.

Check out KK Quah's site (it's been up for CLSOTW for awhile, although I voted
for it every week so far). Some awesome stuff! I'm not sure if he's
Japanese, or Japanese-American, or what; but his creations are mind blowing.
:-)

Plus I just *love* Johnny Blaze's Ninjada. He has fabulous designs there,
too...

Japan is about
the only culture that has achieved genuine innovations in the fantasy genre,
and realised that it doesn't _have_ to feature orcs, goblins, elves,
dungeons, dragons and medieval architecture.
Then again, maybe I've been looking at the wrong Castle sites. Surprise me!

Ahem. Yeah, maybe you have. ;-)

There are a lot of castle sites out there who don't have any of the above. Take
mine for example... ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

Other sites that come to mind - offhand - are Pawel's (admittingly, he has one
dragon, and 'elves', but that's all), Wilson Raska's, Joel J. (who's just
recently popped out with two awesome stories), and more... dunno which sites
*you*'re thinking about. :-)

-Shiri
Anyway, this belongs back in castle *again*, so XFUT .castle. Sheesh, I seem to
have a knack for diverting attention from the current newsgroup! ;-)