 Castle / 7655
7654  |  7656
Subject:
LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:26:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ed T. Toton III writes:
Uhm, hello? Life on Mars? :-)  Insectoids were actively sold right
up until LOM came out, whether or not there were any new sets.
Space had no down-time.

Well, it all depends on how you look at it. LOM is not (at least, not
according to lugnet) considered as part of the Space line (1). I don't know
how accurate that is, I wouldn't bet my life on it, but there's probably a
reason for it not to be under Space.

Some (2) would say that SW brought the deterioration of Space either way,
coz Insectoids and LOM are (in *their* opinion, not mine!) nowhere near
quality of classic space or even more recent themes.

Others would say SW didn't do anything, that LEGO was going down in all
their fields anyway, and SW was the only good thing that came out of recent
years.

Others yet, who think LOM is a great theme, would say that I'm just
babbling. And they'd most likely be correct. ;-)

And me? I think Space is Space. Castle rules. So there. ;-)

-Shiri (who really does need to learn to shut up sometimes!)

XFUT .year.2001, .space

(1) See:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/browse.cgi
Under LEGO, System, Life On Mars (after Freestyle, before Master Builders).
If it were considered part of the space line, it would be under LEGO,
System, *Space*, Life On Mars (after Insectoids, before M:Tron).

(2) Who dislike LOM, I guess; I'm under the assumption that *everyone*
dislikes Insectoids ;-)