 Year / 2001 / 676
Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:00:06 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Paul Baulch writes:

Pah! Castle rules what! Endless rehashes of the Tolkien universe! Yawn! It's
a pity I don't know of any Castle sites by Japanese AFOLs. Japan is about
the only culture that has achieved genuine innovations in the fantasy genre,
and realised that it doesn't _have_ to feature orcs, goblins, elves,
dungeons, dragons and medieval architecture.

Noone said that fantasy has to have orcs and so forth; Mech designs, for
example, are clearly fantasy.  Not a Tokien fan, I surmise?  Anyway, my main
building endeavors are in castle, and I assure you that there is no derth of
possibilities therein.

Then again, maybe I've been looking at the wrong Castle sites. Surprise me!

Allow yourself to be suprised.  Check out Castle World or surf the web and
discover some of the stunning castles that have been built by fans.  There is a
subtelty and elegance to the Castle genre.

james