 Space / 5755
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update! 1/3/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 05:54:12 GMT

in article G6MGJC.6sA@lugnet.com, Mladen Pejic wrote:

Sorry to interrupt, Mark maybe you should read this:

This is what the O-great Sproaticus once told me when I asked him what he
thought of one of my really boring models...

Jeremy Sproat:

Would you believe me if I told you that I have a couple unpublished models
in this vein?  I discovered that it's less impressive (again, for MYSELF
only; don't let this affect your judgement of your models) to show an
everyday model, than it is to discuss it.  Which is also why I don't do town
models very often.

An example: your average bread truck.  Bread trucks are awesome.  Bread
trucks are fun to ride in, and they have lots of tasty goodies in the
back.  Bread trucks make sure that many people get the food they need to
survive.  Society owes a lot to the bread truck.  I love bread trucks.
But to me they look boring, like, well, a bread truck.  Now Barbara, on
the other hand, she'll put tons of effort into making sure her bread truck
looks authentic and fun to play with.  (No, I'm not announcing a new
model!  :-) She'd get incredibly jealous of someone else's bread
truck-building talents.  Many other folks are the same way.  But not me.

Original Post: http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=1325

Heh. Yeah I suppose that's kind of how this freighter looks next to some of
my other stuff. I guess I was just in the mood to make something very
functional and corporate-looking.

Like I told Jonathan, I'm not offended if people think it's boring, but it
really is *supposed* to be boring.

So I guess on that count, it's a success?

:^)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations