 Space / 5748
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update! 1/3/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 03:24:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi everyone,

Please see the IPS HF-300 Medium Freighter in my Spacecraft section.

Or just click "What's New" :^)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin

  Pretty neat design.  I must agree with Mladen, though.  It lacks
excitement.  The Neverwhere was interesting, with secret weapons, opening
compartments, and a radical new design.  The ISP HF-300 is just kind of,
well, boring.  No offense, but it would have been better if it had some sort
of special features, or else a more streamlined shape.  It looks like a
cross between a blocky, run-of-the-mill mass-cargo transport, and a
high-speed courier.  In fact, it looks an awful lot like my pitiful attempts
to build medium-sized ships.  It lacks detail, in short.  Add weapon pods,
turrets, sensors, windows, a hanger, or something else unusual.   Perhaps
even a few movable fins even?  Overall, it has some neat elements (design,
not parts).  But I believe that a design is either one of two things: based
of a unique shape, or based on a unique arrangement of pieces.  It doesn't
seem to be one or the other.  Please do not interpret this comment as
negative.  I do like this ship, as I do all of your creations.  But I like
your other models better than this one.
  Whatever happened to the Spiffcraft X-1?  Was it ever found?  Is there
going to be a follow-up on it?