 Space / 5805
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update! 1/3/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:11:04 GMT

I coundn't agree more with you Paul! Who says a freighter (or any other type
of ship) can't be both functional and aesthetically pleasing?

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ...

Heh. Yeah I suppose that's kind of how this freighter looks next to some of
my other stuff. I guess I was just in the mood to make something very
functional and corporate-looking.

Like I told Jonathan, I'm not offended if people think it's boring, but it
really is *supposed* to be boring.

So I guess on that count, it's a success?

If you don't mind my saying so (in good humour, of course), "whoopee doo!"

I don't know about other people, but when I go to look at a space MOC, the
last thing I want to see is something that looks boring - I want to be wowed
by something far out and amazing-looking, as well as the cool techy detail
bits.

But of course that's merely what I want - I'm sure there are technogeeks who
adore functionality and couldn't care less about form. Sorry to them if I
want a freighter to be more than a gray box with a window at the front,
nozzle on the back and doors on the sides[1]. I firmly believe that we
modelers can and should always aim for both pleasing function _and_ form.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

[1] That is not my interpretation of Mark's freighter, which was far more
interesting, having a great interior and his usual excellent detailing (as
has been said elsewhere).