 Space / 5771
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update! 1/3/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:55:18 GMT

A. Mark Wilburn at amwilburn@iname.com wrote:

Heh. It's good to see someone not overreact to criticism (especially if it's
in an attempt to be constructive) and even better to see him laugh at himself
;)

Well, if you can't laugh at yourself, then who can ya laugh at?

Oh wait, I can laugh at Tim C.  <gdr>

Oh, yeah, the colour scheme is a little odd (one of those times that a
rendered model might've looked better because you could've done everything
in blue and orange, which appears to be your intent... darn LEGO's lack of
coloured wings) and also, you could've covered it with slopes (which
would've helped it look less blocky, while maintaining a utilitarian look.
No, UPS trucks aren't interesting. But they don't look pixelated either!).
But I do generally agree with people's comments thus far.

You'd been meaning to learn one of the LEGO modeling programs anyway; I
think this one is one you should try your hand at first (i.e. just
rebuilding your own model to acclimate yourself with the software)

Ah, yeah... but I've been resisting. I'd really rather just build something
new with the bricks in RL. ;^)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations