 Space / 34435
Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 04:24:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin Heckel wrote:
   Hey Mladen,

Swifty ship ya got there. I’m really in lust with the engine in back, it being all red and anime-looking. The interiors have some fun surprises, like those storage units and the utilitarian-nigh-intimidating toilet.

Thanks Kevin! I agree, my toilets are a bit utilitarian and intimidating, but I just like them that way...

Also, I don’t have any white 2x2 round tiles! So sue me, I gotta use those darn 1x2 technic beams.

;-p

   As for the proportions, like has been said before, they’re a bit wonky, but I’ve got a novel answer: shorten up the bow. This would make a great “chibi” i.e. super-deformed ship IMHO. You could even make the turret bigger! I know what you’re saying, and I wanna build me a SHIP someday too, but for this one it’d just look better cute. It looks like it was super-deformed originally, but then just hit puberty... Give the captain an Alpha Team Happy Guy head and it’d be perfect. Looking forward to your next new thing.

Excellent suggestion; I totally get what you’re saying! If I was in a wacky mood, which I’m currently not, I would definitely take you up on that.

I’m sure someone else in .space (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* soren roberts) might be more obliged to make super-deformed “chibi” ships, complete with SD minifigs! HUAH!

Mladen Pejic

Kevin