 Space / 34362
Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:06:55 GMT

So I just had to make a spacecraft with a turret! Of course, my so-called
'destroyer' with a crew of four is pitiful and small (it's {almost} 90 studs
long), but what the heck, I had fun building it.

What can I say that Hasn't been said, so I'll summarize

Turret - Tick
Loved the look of this, though the angles may not be "realistic" for a
naval turret, this isn't a navel turret, it's a space turret.  I have long
admired the way you build guns and turrets for your creations, they look so
cool and minimal.  On a related note I thought the missile design was
clever too.

Boxy - Tick
I like the Boxy look, I've been trying to steer my own creations away from
boxy of late but this is an excellent example of how boxy can be used, and
used well.

Interiors - Tick
I like the interiors of the Vanguard, although from my standpoint a
military vessel should have one central cramped corridor running down the
length, but that is both my one personal view and a bit difficult in a MOC
that isn't 20 studs wide.  at 8 studs you've jammed a lot of detail.  I
like the bunks and the, well I presume they are, drawers.  Mind if I borrow
that idea?

Colours - Tick
I have been impressed time and time again by your ability to use large
blocks of colours in such an interesting manner.  I don't know if this was
your aim but the shape and turrets gave a standard battleship look, but the
colours really complemented that well, reminded me a little of the Yamato
(or Argo) from Starblazers.

I built a ship in a similar colour scheme that was also boxy and I have
since scrapped it and redesigned, this has given me a few interesting ideas
of where to take it.

Not much I can criticize in this MOC.  The only thing I can think of is the
lack of greebling, but that would change what was so good about it.

Leg Godt

Travis Matheson