 Space / 34427
Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:

Click on Image

I’ve always admired battleships and other types of naval vessels that had those huge turrets the size of cars, or even houses for that matter. You know, the kind LFB builds.

So I just had to make a spacecraft with a turret! Of course, my so-called ‘destroyer’ with a crew of four is pitiful and small (it’s almost 90 studs long), but what the heck, I had fun building it.

Enjoy.

<http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/ Mladen Pejic

Hey Mladen,

Swifty ship ya got there. I’m really in lust with the engine in back, it being all red and anime-looking. The interiors have some fun surprises, like those storage units and the utilitarian-nigh-intimidating toilet. As for the proportions, like has been said before, they’re a bit wonky, but I’ve got a novel answer: shorten up the bow. This would make a great “chibi” i.e. super-deformed ship IMHO. You could even make the turret bigger! I know what you’re saying, and I wanna build me a SHIP someday too, but for this one it’d just look better cute. It looks like it was super-deformed originally, but then just hit puberty... Give the captain an Alpha Team Happy Guy head and it’d be perfect. Looking forward to your next new thing.

Kevin