 Space / 34316
Re: New MOC: Vanguard-Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:

Click on Image

I’ve always admired battleships and other types of naval vessels that had those huge turrets the size of cars, or even houses for that matter. You know, the kind LFB builds.

So I just had to make a spacecraft with a turret! Of course, my so-called ‘destroyer’ with a crew of four is pitiful and small (it’s almost 90 studs long), but what the heck, I had fun building it.

Enjoy.

Mladen Pejic

I love the turret, though from the standpoint of (probable) military design philosophy, not very likely. Whatever, though, it looks great. :) Anyhow, though it is boxy, it doesn’t *look* like a box. I like how you managed to combine economy of pieces with good looks, you did a very good job in that. While internal machinery might have been nice (a reactor, maybe weapons components), I feel that given the size constraints of the vessel, you made the right choice in maximizing crew area. Additional point defense turrets would’ve made it nicer, but as is, it’s nice. The rear-mounted missile launchers are a nice touch, as is the design of the missiles themselves. That reminds me: where are the “16 high-maneuverability missiles” mounted? I couldn’t find them in any of your pictures. I like the design of the nose, it’s not boxy, but at the same time it’s not so complex that one wastes pieces in trying to get a nice shape.

On a sidenote, were the different components of the ship (fore hull, rear hull, engine section) modular or integrated?

Anyhow, in general, it’s pretty nice. I’d love to see a decently sized and well greebled capital ship (maybe 110-120 studs?) of yours, as you usually come up with interesting overall designs.