 Space / 20347
Re: The A.R.C.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:41:48 GMT

"Joel Kuester" <septenemae@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H8vyJo.F38@lugnet.com...

<snip>

thanks! I have had a few comments lately about 'my style' and I do
appreciate the compliment, although it leaves me wondering what exactly my
style is.

Good discussion.  I'm trying to nail down what I meant as well when I said
it looked like something you built.  While I can't place it exactly I still
stand by what I said.  Perhaps it's because this creation doesn't look
overtly "serious".  Many builders tend to immidiatly make something that
comes off as really dark or serious right up front, and it usually fails and
just looks dorky and juvenile (IMO anyway).

"Strange" was actually the first thing that came to my mind.  Same with the
Ves-X..then as the quirky nature of the design began to have less of an
effect on me I began to see it's more functional/serious nature.  This is
really vague but I think I'm getting there.

I don't really have any strict esthetic rules, other than I
believe function dictates form.  Hmmmm... I also like opposing geometric
shapes... maybe thats it!

Could you explain this?  Like give an example if you could.

Thanks!

[ j o n ]