 Space / 20346
Re: He's back, he's back!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Szklennik writes:>
WOOHOO! I'm so glad you didn't stay a way too long.

hehe, thanks... I must admit I am a little surprised you guys even missed
me... the building quality of the .space group is always improving so much.

Arachno-Robotic Combatoid

I like that   :)

To make it more SW-ish (not that it's
whatcha should do, just an observation,) I think the legs should be rectangular
with the longer dimension of the rectangular cross section being 'pointing' to
the center of the underside of the A.R.C.'s body.  With the round legs, it
looks more 'War of the Worlds'-ish.

I agree that making the legs would definately make it more Star Warsian... I
think I prefer the tubular legs though for the structural reason you
mentioned, plus the other robotics used by the entities that built it use a
lot of tube shapes, so I want to make sure it looks like their tech.  I
wasn't thinking of WOTW when I made it, but I can see how you are reminded
of that.

I also like the look of the
body, like a rectangle that's ben cut into.

actually, its hard to see in any of the pics, but the 4 quadrants of the
body that attach to the legs are independantly suspended from the thin
center wedge.
The dishes in the middle of the sides of the body are big hinges.
Even though the whole thing looks bulky, the main body is only 4 studs wide!

  Hee Hee, now that I look at the feet again, they remind me of
upside-down cell phone towers;  did you intend that?  Fantastic throughout!

thanks!  no, my original sketches had the feet with only 2 big 'toes' on
them, but as I was looking through my parts list I decided to use the 3
ended technic rotors so it could have 3 'toes'.  I do like the look of cell
towers, so maybe it was a subconscious reference?  Thanks for the comments!

cheers!
Jk