 Space / 20302
Re: He's back, he's back!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:35:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Norman Mensing writes:
It's great to see you are back and that you didn't turn away from building LEGO.  Would have been a loss of a great talent.

thanks, I don't think I could ever give up The Brick 100%.  There are just
too many great creative minds making inspiring things.  I haven't been
building, but I still chat with my .space friends all the time.

- As you just prooved again with the A.R.C. (Is there a name behind the
Letters?)

actually no, its a pun based on the function of the main weapon.  how about:
Arachnoid... something something   :>

At first I thought
Pretty strange and funky looking - err - thing.
Then I saw the "standing" jpgs.
Whew, it's a gigantic arachnoid walker! Boy, that machine really looks
intimidating. It must be huge IRL. And the angles you got in the pictures do
emphasize that.

I am glad it you and others are using 'strange' to describe it... I wanted
to capture the feel of an ancient alien mecha with the design.

BTW, can we expect to see anything more from the SUBTERFUGITIVES ? - Having
seen "Rhetoric" and the S.E.T. on brickshelf I'm eager to see when "the storm
hits"!!!

yes and no.  I am still working hard on the story, but not in Lego, (I
always had plans for the final version to be drawn).  The script has been
totally revised thanks to the rough version that appeared in Lego.  Even the
title is different.  Things are a lot more streamlined and less obscure.  I
am hoping to have the first chapter finished in a month or two.

I really hoped to make more of the story in Lego, but as I got further into
the plot, too many 'unbuildable things' kept popping up, so I had to give up
:/

It served its purpose pretty well tho; it allowed me to practice my
storyboarding and pacing skills, which I have always been terrible at... and
getting all that positive feedback on it gave me the courage to put the time
into it required to make it as a graphic novel.

BTW, http://minispy.tripod.com/secret/ works, but
http://minispy.tripod.com/ does not ?

I took my main page down, I just didn't feel like deleting the sub page.

wow, thanks for all the questions, hope my answers aren't too disappointing  :)

cheers!
Jk