 Space / 20324
Re: He's back, he's back!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:38:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
In lugnet.space, Norman Mensing writes:
It's great to see you are back and that you didn't turn away from building
LEGO.  Would have been a loss of a great talent.
SNIP
- As you just prooved again with the A.R.C. (Is there a name behind the
Letters?)

actually no, its a pun based on the function of the main weapon.  how about:
Arachnoid... something something   :>

cheers!
Jk

WOOHOO! I'm so glad you didn't stay a way too long.  'Course, we knew you'd be
back, yep (wiping sweat from brow) no doubt.  Great Arachno-Robotic Carrier (if
it has people in it/operating it) or Arachno-Robotic Combatoid (if it does not
have people in it/operating it) Do I win the naming contest?  I like the
thought you put into the science of the machine.  In one of your posts in this
thread, you mention it's SW inspired.  To make it more SW-ish (not that it's
whatcha should do, just an observation,) I think the legs should be rectangular
with the longer dimension of the rectangular cross section being 'pointing' to
the center of the underside of the A.R.C.'s body.  With the round legs, it
looks more 'War of the Worlds'-ish.  The round cross section of the legs makes
more sense from a structural point of view tho' to maximize strength in all
directions.  I suppose, if it was going to be doing a lot of 'squatting'
maneuvers to load/unload, the outward force might necessitate the rectangular
cross section.  The juxtaposition of angular & round shapes throughout the
design looks really good with round legs anyways.  I also like the look of the
body, like a rectangle that's ben cut into.  I'm really partial to the feet;  I
like thing in 3's as it is very dynamic, very strong, & very stable (and very
techy-looking.)  Hee Hee, now that I look at the feet again, they remind me of
upside-down cell phone towers;  did you intend that?  Fantastic throughout!

Jeff