 Space / 20164
Re: New Space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:13:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
PLMKWYT!  Don't be afraid to criticize.

Hey JHK!  I don't have a lot of time left online today, so I will have to be
brief.  Just wanted to say I like your stuff as usual.  Not a big fan of the
hover-bike thing, but I do like the compartment in the rear and how it
hinges open.  Is that scorpion a scout droid?  A bio-power source?  Or
something more sinister?

It's a fleebnork!  :)  To be more specific, it's a fleebnork power source.
The fleeb's energy field is used to power the bike.

...As for the heavy fighter, I would agree that
you might rename it as fighters aren't thought of as having crew quarters.
It is big enough to rival some full ships I have seen, so you might consider
calling it a corvette, a light destroyer, or some other similar name.

I'm liking the term corvette, this seems a little small for a destroyer.  I
would think of a destroyer as around 6 or 7 people minimum.

Regardless of the semantics, I love the rough military look of this model,
and the little details, compartments, etc. are all very well done.  Love
that curtain for the small bathroom!  That is very 'realistic' for a ship
where a crew might need to share a cramped space.

Thanks!  I like doing all of that stuff.  The curtain has a long history,
but I believed it first was used in Kyle Keppler's Myase as a shower curtain.

http://lego.kepplah.com/?m=myase&sub=interior&n=2

Thanks.

-JHK