 Space / 20146
Re: New Space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:05:55 GMT

One of your biggest endevours (Heavy Fighter) yet, John!  And quite a
conversation on esthetics too boot.

Many of the merits and critiques have already been talked about in this
thread, but I would like to add that from a pure form perspective, I feel
this is your best ship to date.  What makes it so for me is the progression
of the ship from the snub nose to the rear engine section.  You have taken
effort to make the trasitions from section  to section apparent, but not
overstated through the use of slopes, SNOT techniques to increase the width
gradually, and overlapping the wings w/angling.  To me, this give the
overall package a very deliberate feel - I like it!

As far as the greebling issue goes I feel it can definately help break up
otherwise long lines in a model, or give it some depth.  The latter you've
used really well in the detail under the wing pylons, behind the half
globes.  If I were to make a choice, I like the ship after it's been
degreebled a little better, just because you've done such an excellent job
on the lines of the craft, it's almost a shame to cover them up!

The hoverbike is a fun one as well...a real junker (in a good way).
Addictive, aren't they?

I've never been able to appreciate the microscale to the degree they should
be....just keep squinting to try and spot the minifigs ;)

Great stuff John.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
Hello, all.  I have some new space MOCs.

Heavy fighter:
http://www.ozbricks.net/kruertech/heavyfighter.htm

Hoverbike:
http://www.ozbricks.net/kruertech/hoverbike.htm