 Space / 15523
Re: BUILDER'S BLOCK - AHHHHHHHHH!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:19:36 GMT

<snip>

Why can't you make infinite variation in Space?  If anything, I would think
Space would be bounded only by your imagination.  Arguably Pirates and
Castle have certain, albeit not great, limits based on our perspective of
the historical or sword & sorcery fantasy.  But with Space you could develop
a whole new idea and it could still work. • <snip>
Cheers,
-Hendo

Howdy do,
I am interjecting a point here, not to argue or point faults, but just to
talk, 'cause I'm a big ol' windbag...

I hereby do not agree that there are limits, or at the least the limits are
the same as Space limitations.  You chose your parts from the vast LEGO
horde, you chose what to build based upon your Powers Of Imagination, and
your mythology develops into something bounded only by how you backstory it.
With LEGO there are no limits, only imagination (and cost!).  If you chose
to follow a point in history, or pre-future (for Space-heads), then you
chose realism.  If you chose to make it up from fantasy, the rules are yours
to bend.  It does not matter what theme any of us favor above others, they
are ALL great because they are made of parts from the whole LEGO library.

Me?
I just like LEGO, though I buy a lot of it to feed my urges for Castle and
Space (Space Castles???), but that does not mean I buy mostly from those
themes.  I think if you look close enough, Town is the most complete theme
made by TLC when you throw in Trains (Who wouldn't?).
Play well,
:o)
-Aaron-
It's not easy being green.