 Space / 15533
Re: BUILDER'S BLOCK - AHHHHHHHHH!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:20:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:

I, too need ideas.  I have just sorted about half of my pieces, and want to
make a space ship!  But no ideas.  The pirate base and Merchant ship I'm
building come easy, there is a basic template that you can make infanite
amounts of varation on.  But not space!

Why can't you make infinite variation in Space?  If anything, I would think
Space would be bounded only by your imagination.  Arguably Pirates and
Castle have certain, albeit not great, limits based on our perspective of
the historical or sword & sorcery fantasy.  But with Space you could develop
a whole new idea and it could still work.

But the problem is that for something like, say, a ship, you have a
definate idea of how to start, you know what a ship looks like, has in it,
etc.  But in space, you have to make up a new idea, and proceed along it,
which can be difficult.  It seems like many ideas are already taken.  And
another problem I've found is that people rarely ever reply to a small ship,
(unless you're a famous builder,) and I just have a twelve year old's
collection, because I_am_twelve!

Ah well, and idea will eventually come...

-JHK