 Space / 1150
Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 02:16:18 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Classic Space Cosmic Fleet Voyager: (I think this is one of my favorite
spaceships)

All those great parts!  :(

You mean all those useless large parts that they obviously were
straining to use in novel ways, like the corridor corners mounted
sideways on top. :-) What were they thinking? That shape could have bene
made out of slopes!

Town Jr sucks but I think we may be a bit hard on TLG for special
purpose parts. Parts just seem a lot better after 10 years or more have
went by. (this is a provocative thread, right?)

A bit, but I think we need to look at the history of the special purpose
parts. Most of the earlier models had a few, which, IMO, were there to
enhance the set. Nowadays, all parts seem to be this trend, which the
special parts outnumber the more general parts by a significant number.

With this ship in particular (6985), it had plenty of slopes and decent
pieces, and you could make x-teen million things with it. The corner
parts are useful, only in that it saves a lot of parts, especially blue
inverse parts, for other things. If you compare the parts to the
Stingrays or the Insectoids, they are limited because the specialized
parts are too specialized, and not useful. I have used the corner parts
on multiple projects (I have since rebuilt the ship, because I have a
lot of blue slopes now!)

Also, the white 4x8 wings on the sides of it, did have multiple blue
inverse and regular 45D slopes to hold the wing, which always seemed a
weak point to blow the ship up, or have it damaged (Yes, this ship has
been blown up, crashed, etc., hundreds of times!) It is one of the last
really good ships to have come out, the last good ones that did were
probably either the Unitron or the Spyrius, but those were different as
well. I guess I am just a fanatic for the Futuron / Classic sets. As
opposed to a fanatic in other posts around Lugnet! :)

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html