 Space / 1151
Re: Futuron Mini-figs (was Re: Lego-Direct)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:09:21 GMT

In lugnet.space "Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
David Carriker wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

While your at it, I would like 100,000,000 Futuron Minifigs, divided by
the five colors (Black, white, yellow, red, blue 20,000,000 each) ;)

DUDE - you could go *swimming* in a pile of several thousand of just
one color of them, and not make any significant dent in your
collection!  What the heck would you do with all of those anyways?

The bigger question is, would you have room to store your minifig
collection?  I'd be satisfied with maybe 2000 of each - and that's
pushing it :)

[snip]

Sorry about any confusion, I keep forgetting my Futuron White ones are
custom, I made them myself. They are not too far off of the Classic
White Minifigs, except they have the modern white helmet with dark blue
visor and the torso of the Space Police 1 minifigs. (All white hands and
arms, though!)

Cool!  Personally, I'm ga-ga over the red ones.  And I'd have to say
that now that I bought a 6953 just to get 2 of them, I'd go for a
black one or two now.  The only thing is AFAIK they're only available
in 6703.

I had a friend who summer after 8th grade sold me his Futuron monorail
for $50, Blacktron I Battrax and Renegade for $10 each.  He had a 6703
and when I was over at his house building the sets to buy them from
him, I was going to put the minifigs aside, and he said 'just wait
till later.'  I forgot all about it, and it turns out he sold them on
RTL - before I knew about RTL in the summer of 96 [1].

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Now that I got that out (BTW - all better now), Futuron just ROCKS!

[1] I came upon RTL in November of 96.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org