 Space / 865
Re: What all has TLC done?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 06:43:30 GMT

I can understand the frustration at the loss of a theme.....I thought the
wild west(except for the indians) and the Ninja sets were worth continuing.....

I completely lost interest in space when M-tron started...I viewed spyrius
and exploriens as glimmer of hope and unitron as reminiscient of the golden
age of Space.  I view the Star Wars sets as a breath of fresh air and a true
resource...some of these sets are fair representations of the movie vehicles
and provide a wealth of parts to enhance my Legoverse.  In addition, these
sets have many basic and special parts versatile/adaptable to other themes
such as castle and town.

I considered the plethora of gray parts and the versatility of many old
Space pieces as a great asset to my other theme constructuions....spare
parts from disassembling many of the space vehicles alowed me to expand my
castles while constructing many large and small vehicles and bases.  I
viewed Insectoids and UFO as being too limiting to my creativity.  I did not
envision a logical way to integrate most of the pieces..

I guess, in the absence of an original Space theme from TLG, we will all
have to be more "creative" (Which for me is the whole idea.  I will admit
that the Star Wars universe lacks the traditional Sci-Fi style of minifigs I
enjoy(large minifig weapons and space suits), but I have been collectig long
enough that I have more troops than vehicles or bases to accoodate them.

Let go of your frustration and anger, expend your energy on creativity.