 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 19
Re: PDF (was Re: legOS docs - what do people want?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:50:22 GMT

Mark Tarrabain writes:
Unfortunately, I don't have any facilities to download the entire contents of
a web site.
So
I would rquire somebody to tar and gzip the html files in the documentation
subtree at
the
legos site and send it to me for conversion.

This is exactly the reason I would prefer a PDF version of the document.
You can get the entire document in one shot.

For printing, I like PDF much better than TeX.  It has free viewers for Macs,
Windoze, and Linux.  Someone mentioned that it was wasn't available for
all platforms. Which platform aren't supported?  Seems like they are all
here to me?  Granted the person who creates the document must have
Acrobat.

HTML would be a fine alternative as long as a zipped version of
the pages are available as a single file.  Even better would
be a single HTML doc.  As far as I'm concerned PDF, HTML, Plain
Text, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Help, or emacs info files are
all better than TeX.

As far as content,  I would love to see a high level overview on the
major subsystems, such as the task manager, motor control, sound,
and direct ir.

I run Linux, Win/95/NT/CE, Finder, PalmOS and legOS. However I'm
not an OS bigot. Each OS has it's place.  Develop in Linux, play
games, surf the web on Win32.  Alarm yourself with CE and PalmOS.
Robotize with legOS.

-rick