 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 12
Re: legOS docs - what do people want?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:13:05 GMT

In this vein, what is the distribution of OS's people are using (or attempting
to use) with legOS?
I have linux and Win NT, but my linux machine is not always available, so I
would like to be able to build legOS on my NT machine.

Personally I am a linux user and feel comfortable explaining that. As for
Windows 95/98/NT it might be better if someone who uses legOS on those
platforms to write the installation guide.

Dave Madden once told me that he was working on some scripts and docs to
show how to install egcs and legOs, he might be a good reference for this
project.

This brings up another issue. People seem to like PDF, but is there a way
to create PDF files on Linux? I will boot into Windows if I have to but
would rather avoid it. :-)

You can get Adobe Acrobat for Linux (I'm not sure how much it costs) from
www.adobe.com, or if you are more of a programmer, you can get the free C
library for creating PDF files from fastIO systems (see
http://www.pdfzone.com/products/software/tool_ClibPDF.html).

Dwayne

Linc Smith writes:
Mark Tarrabain wrote in message <36CE02AF.8C000243@lynx.bc.ca>...
I think that the best place to begin with LegOS documentation is with
a really good installation and usage tutorial.

Yes this is a brilliant Idea! I agree.

LINC

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net