 Robotics / NXT / 6
Re: My First Classroom Use
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:38:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:

They're used to matching the actual parts by pressing them
against the drawing.

   Huh. I always counted holes/studs, as most LEGO instructions are not at "true
scale", are they?

...we could print out the constructopedia... could work on
separate parts of the instructions... [etc]

   Well, one nice thing about the content of the Mindstorms software is an
*awful* lot of it is stored where you can get to it. For instance, the building
instructions for Tribot, the first phase, are just a series of images that you
can view with anything (they're just jpegs). On my Mac, these are stored in
engine->editorVIs->Academy Content->activities->vehicles->tribot->01->bi (OK,
that's not "right out in the open", but at least I could find it). There's a lot
of other really good stuff hidden in Mindstorms engine folder too...

Instead, they built and raced RCX models and giggled when
they fell apart.

   Now there's a distinct difference between NXT and RCX models (at least built
by kids).

--
Brian Davis