 Robotics / NXT / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
My First Classroom Use
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:28:29 GMT

I'm currently teaching a Basic Programming and Pre-Robotics class for Saturday
Academy.  I've been using the RCX since it's invention.  Today, I took a fully
built NXT Tribot to class.

First, I showed the class how to program a simple "go forward for 4 seconds and
stop" on Robolab for the RCX, then showed them the same on NXT-G.  The vote was
that NXT-G was easier to understand.

I picked the two most excited boys to work on the Tribot.  After a few minutes
on their own, they asked to switch to the RCX.  That lasted for about half hour.

With only the tutorial on a Windows XP laptop, they succeeded in their very
first programming of the NXT.  They were trying the sound blocks when we ran out
of time.

Tomorrow, I'll hand them two NXTs in the box.  I'd like to see how they like
building without studs.