 Robotics / NXT / 19
Re: My First Classroom Use
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
Another new week and a fresh batch of 9 kids in a Lego Team Challenge class.
This class is setup to help individuals take on a First Lego League challenge.

A team building AlphaRex had torn down and rebuilt the right leg module twice.
Finally, they asked me where they could have gone wrong.  Twice now, the leg
they built looked like the exact opposite of the finished module on the screen.
Why had they built the right leg only to stare at a completed left leg?

They mistook the intro to the left leg module as the end step of the right leg.

I should have warned them about this end/intro junction more surely.  Or maybe,
the intro page should have shown both legs with a focus on or blur on either
subject.

Most of the kids agree that a 3D rotatable constructopedia would be most useful.