 Robotics / NXT / 366 (-100)
  Apology

I would like to extend my sincere apologies to Steve H for posting a software comparison page similar to his and announcing it here. I would also like to apologize to Ralph H for messing up his thread by mentioning the page there. It was wrong for (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Hi Ralph, I have some more questions about pbLua... Is the NXT-Lua-API public available ? My idea is to use your pbLua-functions at my PC running Lua-Interpreter, replaceing low level stuff with own functions... This allows me to write and (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Greetings, Steve. I am glad to see all this info in one place. Next time you update your table, you could replace the ??? in the Lejos NXJ column, floating point row, with a YES. No doubt about it. The Java Math library was even implemented in (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Ralph, thanx for the great work independently from the trouble at the list, I have some questions: What is needed to communicate with the NXT at PC side (Linux or OSX) Terminalemulation ? How are files transfered to the NXT ? XModem, ZModem, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

Finally! I can put an actual link to your project on the sidebar! (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

John - Your accusation that Steve wouldn't correct facts is not true...your debate (held on a private forum) with him was over a row in the table that contained his opinions - and Steve always represented them as HIS opinions. ***...*** To the rest (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Programming for NXT

(...) I've spent a great deal of time talking with developers and updating the page, so I believe all the facts are correct. I apologize if I gave you the impression I was not going to correct factual errors. Steve (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Bryan, you should be more careful about making unfounded libelous accusations. I did not copy Steve's page. I gathered the data independently. I began the project on my own in response to a query in the lugnet.robotics newsgroup. Were portions (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Comparing software

I get a lot of people asking what the "best" software is for the NXT. Of course, this is a complex question that depends on the user, and intended goal of the program. So, for the last several days, members of the Mindstorms Community Partners (MCP) (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Maybe we should use the word "coincidence" that both parties were working on similar projects at the same time. Stranger things have happened you know. Lightup SW figs for instance. Who would have thought that two entities would invent the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, John Hansen wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) All - it is appropriate to note that the table referred to above was created by Steve Hassenplug. It was reformatted to put NBC and NXC first and recolored. Oh, and the column (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) That's a very nice page, John. I'm glad you at least went through the trouble of changing the background, before you claimed to have done the work and posted it. Here's the page I've been working on for several days, before John copied it. (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) No need to apologize, Ralph. And I definitely didn't mean to hijack your thread. Unfortunately some folks hear "assembly" and get a completely mistaken impression about NBC. Anyone who has had a look at Ross Crawford's NBC Tuturial knows how (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What do these macros do?

(...) Lots of very cool stuff deleted. Sorry I missed your original message, Jeff. You can write to both the Normal and Popup screen memory and toggle back and forth between which one gets displayed. This code flips between the two buffers for 10 (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

Thanks everybody for the explanations! Everything start to make sense now. I understand that a resitor will limit only voltage across the circuit, but not current, this is very clear also. So, i will look for a small electromagnet, (9 volts) because (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) not simple text-based languages for the NXT. Sorry for any confusion. Ralph (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

Yes, you can use an electromagnet with the RCX. Depends on what you want to do with it, but it should work. The device from a disk drive might be a 12 volt device, or 5. The RCX puts out around 8-9, so either way the device isn't drawing the correct (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) This is a fantastic development! Not too long ago, I was involved in Sony PSP hacking. Although the GCC toolchain was relatively easy to build, and lots of sample code was around for writing C++ programs for the PSP, the rate of new software (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) I am very excited about the availability of pbLua. It looks extremely cool. And fast. BricxCC already has built-in support for Lua syntax highlighting. You can also have BricxCC claim the .lua file extension via the Preferences dialog if you (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: ReMix of LEGO NXT Starter Robot

(...) Yes... (...) Unfortunately no, the digital motor port signals are input only (they are buffered by a Schmitt trigger). Philo (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

(...) I would add that it will take some experimenting to get the parameters correct. Pick your operating conditions (parallel outputs, or no, etc...) and then given the supply voltage and maximum current allowance, you know the coil resistance you (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

All, For those of you that have been asking the question: "When will we get a simple text-based programming environment for the NXT?" I can now announce the availability of pbLua Beta 1 at: (URL) This is an implementation of Lua 5.1 for the NXT, and (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt) !

  Re: Electromagnetic device

"Patrick Levy" <patrick@omiccron.com.br> wrote in message news:JBxJ1I.En@lugnet.com... (...) when you use an electromagnet with the RCX. You didn't post the technical specifications of the electromagnet you have wired up to the sensors, did it have (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

(...) supply. You might want to measure the coil resistance to see what kind of current it is trying to draw from your RCX. I do notice from your picture that you have a version 1.0 RCX equipped with an AC power input jack. Have you tried running (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: ReMix of LEGO NXT Starter Robot

(...) Ah, thanks for the correction. I've only studied portions of the hardware docs so far, mostly regarding the sensor ports. I realized after I posted that I hadn't completely checked my facts. (I hate when that happens!) So does this mean that (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: ReMix of LEGO NXT Starter Robot

Hi Chris, (...) that is not quite right, there is an ATMEGA48 microcontroller insider the NXT Brick which generates the waveforms. It is connected to the main processor via an I2C-style interface. Besides that it also controls power to the NXT, (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: ReMix of LEGO NXT Starter Robot

(...) I am curious if you have tried measuring distance travelled simply by reading back the NXT motor encoder values? You would need to calibrate your 'bot so that you know the ratio of encoder units to centimeters or inches travelled (which would (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Sending Textmessages via Bluetooth to PC

OK, sent you an email with the NBC program and the Perl script. If anyone else would like it let me know. (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending Textmessages via Bluetooth to PC

(...) Hi David, yes please... I'm very interessed in setting up BT-Communication-Parameters... Is there a snapshot of your code public available ? Thanx Christian (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending Textmessages via Bluetooth to PC

I have written a quick-and-dirty NBC program that sends messages via BT to the PC. Then I have another quick-and-dirty Perl script on the PC that captures the messages and displays them to the screen or you can redirect to a file. I've been using it (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending Textmessages via Bluetooth to PC

(...) Yes, I've seen it, but I have no Win32 system ... I'd like to create a general soltution for any system (e.g. OSX and Linux). NXT-->BT-->Serial2Net-->Syslog Simple Serial2Net-functionality can be realized with socat. Thanx for more (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending Textmessages via Bluetooth to PC

(...) There is a debugger available for NBC, I'm pretty sure it supports bluetooth, but I don't have a BT device on my computer (yet) so haven't tried that. You can download it here: (URL) has lots of features and works very well over USB link. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the firmware?

(...) And I "third" this motion. I've started going through the "fun" process of building GCC for NXT, but don't have enough gigabytes of free space on my LEGO dev machine (under CygWin) to get all the way through the process. Although I don't think (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Sending Textmessages via Bluetooth to PC

Hello Community, I try to realize some kind of debugging interface for NXT NBC/NXC... Idea: sending clear text messages like syslog to PC Is this possible with NXC ? My problem is the understanding how to do it the right way... 1. setup connection (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What do these macros do?

Ok, well, replying to my own message in the best of internet style... I got impatient and starting prodding. After a few hard resets, I came up with the following: Yes, the Get/SetDisplayNormal() permits you to write directly to screen memory. This (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What do these macros do?

(...) YES jeff, you need to do your own firmare.. AND it needs to be a form of BASIC!!!!! :) Chris 10 ? clr 20 goto 10 (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  What do these macros do?

I've been poking around with my NXT, and as usual I've decided to bite off more than I can chew. In trying to discover a way to *unset* pixels on the display without wiping the whole thing, I've been sifting through some of the less-discussed macros (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  New York City NXT Meet-up

I have the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT ROBOTICS SET and since I'm so "into it", my father and I were thinking we could start up a Lego MindStorms NXT Meet up group/club in New York City where we could meet once a month (or every other month), build, (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: HiTechnic Compass Sensor Problems

(...) There is a problem with v1.01 of the LEGO firmware. You must have either V1.03 or V1.04. (I had that problem, also) The compass works fine with the newer firmware. It does say that on the HiTechnic web site, but it's not very obvious. Steve (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  HiTechnic Compass Sensor Problems

If anyone is having trouble with the HiTechnic Compass Sensor you would not be the only one. I could not get it to work no matter what I tried. Before contacting Lego I checked for new updates and remembered the firmware 1.04 that I never did it (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  ReMix of LEGO NXT Starter Robot

Hi All, I've just posted an entry on my blog (URL) on a ReMix project using the LEGO NXT Starter Robot kit. I'm creating a PoC (Proof Of Concept) bot that can measure distances using a "STRAIT LINE" eRolling Tape. To see the PoC "Measurebot!" device (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the firmware?

(...) I second this. I know there are several people working on revised firmware, though I suspect they all started quite a while ago through the developer programme. I've got experience of developing for embedded systems and can make some sense of (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the firmware?

In article <JBFwGp.30p@lugnet.com>, Guy Ziv <guy@nxtasy.org> writes (...) I would like to be able to rebuild the firmware & experiment with it before I get too ambitious. Has anybody fixed up the code to build with the gcc tools and made it (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the firmware?

(...) These would be very nice to have, but they cannot be integrated into NXT-G unless you modify the compiler (which we can't!). NBC/NXC can benefit from such improvements, of course. I think there are many improvements which WOULD make a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the firmware?

Hi all, I doubt this will go through, as I've never been able to post anything to this group yet... I know that the group of us working on the Transterpreter[1] are actively interested in collaborating on such an effort. While the kinds of (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

In article <025201c73045$8574a7...kdesktop>, Dick Swan <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> writes (...) This is true. (...) The pre-approved Bluetooth low level stack is proprietary to CSR. The code that runs in CSR's Virtual Machine to implement the serial (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the firmware?

(...) I am very interested in a community project to enhance the NXT standard firmware. I've submitted a few bug fixes and enhancements to LEGO already which hopefully will make it into the next official firmware release. Enhancements I plan on (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Reusing Terminals in NXT-G Blocks

This is for NXT-G Block programmers: I've written some description how one can use one terminal for multiple purposes, and dynamically change it's front panel and tooltip text. See details, and download VIs needed here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Optimized Array Handling

Thanks Dick, I also found info on how arrays are handled in the Executable File Spec. I didn't see it before. My cut on this is that I will use single-dimension arrays in non-time-critical areas and avoid mult-dimensional arrays alltogether. It (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Improving the firmware?

After the release of the source code for NXT firmware version 1.04, I was wondering if anyone is considering to open a community project to create an improved firmware. I think an improved firmware which is compatible with version 1.04 opcodes (so (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Template VI Library Block

I published online a new block, which allows NXT-G developers to create "library" NXT-G blocks, i.e. blocks with commom input/output wiring scheme but different functionality. It allows efficient encapsulation of many blocks into one user-friendly (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

LEGO released the open source firmware for the ARM CPU. They did not release the firmware source for the BT module which is proprietary code developed by the BT module/hardware manufacturer (CSR) CSR's BT module is a "Bluecore V2.0" version. The (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT parts for MLcad

(...) Unfortunately, 54087 has not yet be modelled, you have to use 44292 as a mockup (in early MDP days the parts kit we got 44292 instead of 54087...). The only funtionnal difference between those wheels is that 54087 includes ribs to engage the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Games for the NXT

Hello! I have established a webpage for collecting games for the NXT. This should be a place for downloading games an to collect knoeledge about programing games for the NXT. Because there are so many english webpages this is currently in german. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

Hello! Is there any information (in the files or at the internet) how to compile it) Greetings from Germany (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

That helps a lot, John - thank you very much! (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

(...) To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a version of Java for the NXT yet. Brian Bagnall could say for sure but I expect it won't be long before there is something like leJOS for the NXT. NBC is available for multiple platforms (Win32, Mac (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

(...) Hi Brian, I have a very strong preference for RobotC. The executing code runs very fast, and it is a full C programming language. Kevin (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

(...) Hi Brian, I have a very strong preference for RobotC. The executing code runs very fast, and it is a full C programming language. Kevin (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Text languages for programming NXT?

What text-based languages are available right now for programming the NXT? And which of them are somewhat mature at this point? A Google search turns up a few, such as NBC and NNQC and even a version of Java for the NXT, but what's the popular (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

(...) Thanks for the good info -- I had forgotten that BT allows for so many services. Mindsensors' Playstation 2 controller interface must be converting the "human interface" signals into serial port messages. Now that the official firmware can be (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  RE: NXT Optimized Array Handling

I would suggest that the easiest way to understand how standard firmware handles arrays is to go to the NI web site and do a search on something like "efficient LabVIEW memory management" which will result in a nice description of how LabVIEW (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Line Follower

(...) Thanks Steve! It's perfect. I will use it in one of the NXT robots. But now, part of this project is to show some comunications between two robots, (and the other one is a RCX driven. It will also follow a line). I saw some time ago a small (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

"John Brost" <john.brost@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB9BCx.Bt7@lugnet.com... (...) Aaargh. I looked into the complete collection of blocks again. I had only noticed the "Motor" block for legacy motors, not the one for NXT motors. Of (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Line Follower

(...) Patrick, I've made a block for NXT-G (the software that comes with the NXT) that does all the "line-following" stuff. All you need to do is put it in a loop, and set the parameters... (URL) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Line Follower

Hi, I am starting a project for robotics in my daughter school, and I want to show a line follower example. The goal is to make the kids mount a custom path mande from EVA tiles with the line printed in it, and the robot will make this path. So, the (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

(...) I'm not exactly following what you want here, but if you want a block that will turn on a motor, and then move on to another block, what you probably want is a "MOTOR" block, not a "MOVE" block. Using a Motor block, you can choose all kinds of (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

"David Wallace" <dww.robotics@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB74z0.K8v@lugnet.com... (...) Same here, except my move will be to Java which I know best. I may try out NBC at some point. It seems to me the downramp in speed when using the (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth/Brick

Dear all, I'm working now with a bluetooth to communicate with my NXT. The comport is COM7. When I run NXT Remote the NXT is responded to the commands. When I run BricxCC the Bluetoot is not recognite, message no connection to the programmable (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

(...) The RCX sensor itself does not work without activating its LED. IN_TYPE_REFLECTION is the mode you should use with it (IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE and IN_TYPE_LIGHT_ACTIVE are for NXT light sensor). As you noticed, the RCX light sensor has some (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

Another observation. It seems that the IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE is really not meant to be used with the RCX light sensor. There is very little sensitivity with this setting. The IN_TYPE_REFLECTION setting is much more sensitive. Too bad that we lost (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

OK, I answered my own question. I just needed to set the sensor type to: IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE for RCX light sensor with the LED ON IN_TYPE_REFLECTION for RCX light sensor with the LED OFF (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC Control of RCX Sensors

Has anyone tried to control the RCX sensors with NBC? I have the converter cable and hooked up my RCX light sensor, but only got back readings of 53 (percent full scale). I used the NBC SetSensorLight command which should set the sensor to turn on (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

I am not a NXT-G expert. I'm a programmer, so I moved to NBC pretty quickly. It's much easier for me to do things in a language than with graphics (not to mention the programs are 1/10 the size of NXT-G). Good Luck! David (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"David Wallace" <dww.robotics@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB3HDF.3EL@lugnet.com... (...) I suppose you have to make the change between drive direction blocks by means of some "until sensor actuated" block, then? This was my very first (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

In article <JAynn0.90L@lugnet.com>, Jordan Bradford <jordan_bradfordREMO VE_THIS_SPAM_THINGY@...tmail.com> writes (...) I have not tried this, but I would expect it to work. (...) Alas, this will not work. Bluetooth is just a means of carrying (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending program by bluetooth

Hi Jan, I had asked this question of John Hansen a while back. His response follows. Note that this reduced my connection time in BricxCC from 17 seconds to 3 seconds. "First use NeXTTool.exe to create a nxt.dat file like so: nexttool -listbricks > (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Hi David, For the motor block, did you choose "Unlimited" in the "Duration" field dropdown box? It defaults to 1 "Rotation". David Wallace "David List" <zerobuttons@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JB3A0n.2MH@lugnet.com... (...) block (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

Can anyone here help me get continuous drive with NXT motors? I am using NXT-G now, while getting a feel for Mindstorms NXT. I experience that I am unable to get continuous drive with the motors when shifting from one block to another. The speed (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Sending program by bluetooth

Dear All, I send a program compiled (NBC) with the Bricx Command Center to my NXT with a Bluetooth connection. It takes a relative long time before my NXT is ready to run. Is this normal? Can I improve this time? Regards, Jan Kromhout (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Optimized Array Handling

There doesn't seem to be any information on the most memory-efficient or speed-effecient way to handle arrays in the NXT Executable File Specification. For example, if you want to create a multi-dimensional array, you use the opcode OP_ARRBUILD (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

Is it possible to connect BT devices to an NXT without using a passkey? The device I'm trying to use (a Nintendo Wii remote) doesn't use passkeys, AFAIK, since when I connect it to my PC I skip the pairing process. (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Omni teaches physics.

I've posted some project of mine, demonstrating how Steve Hassenplug's "Omni" can be used to teach some basic physics: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth and windows 2000

I am using a Compaq (HP) nc8000 laptop which has a built-in BT device and it works fine with Windows 2000, so BT should be OK on W2K (with the right device). "Patrick Levy" <patrick@omiccron.com.br> wrote in message news:J7HJJI.6x3@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  PSP-Nx PS2 Controller block for NXT-G

I've finally released my NXT-G block for mindsensors.com PSP-Nx PS2 controller interface. Details, download and installation instructions are here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Arrays in NXT-G

I've made a new NXT-G block for using numeric arrays in NXT-G. Details and download are found here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Not eXactly C beta release news

Today I am releasing a new beta of NBC and its highly popular high-level sister Not eXactly C (NXC). It is available via the NBC website ((URL) sure to also download the latest BricxCC test release for updated NXT support for both NBC and NXC ((URL) (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Not to put too fine a point on it, but the 100 cycle limit is only on the lock bits, I think. This is specified at the extreme limits of voltage and temperature. At normal room conditions, actual NXTs were reflashed (which cycles the lock (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

"Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<n...pamplease> wrote in message news:JABnK0.15z@lugnet.com... (...) Fortunately the most common failure mode is a reduction in the "longevity" of storage. Out of box, the Atmel ARM flash is specified to (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Yes. I didn't end up using it because speed ended up being more critical than precision, but for narrow lines I may go back to it. I suspect I might be able to use it to follow lines drawn by a black marker. (...) No. Well, kind of. I used a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT candid camera

(...) The second video is better, I think. Spike was always my favorite NXT robot. (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hi Geoffrey, (...) Detecting 1x1 plates should not be hard if they pass close to fiber optic end to efficiently block light. (...) I believe it's caused by the blue background I used that somewhat fooled my camera white balance. That said there is a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Hi Brian, What kind of application needed this precision? Line follower? Did you need to shield the fiber to avoid stray coupling of light to the phototransistor? Philo (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT candid camera

LEGO has posted two short movies of NXT robots playing tricks to people in a toys store... (URL) Don't forget to click on the thumbnail below to watch the second video. Have fun! Philo (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Ralph - I'll send them to you. If you want, mail me the byte format and I'll see if I can run a conversion. I presume it's in the vertical byte format that the screen uses? I did a full 256 character set that includes upper case, lower case, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) I've also used this the other way around, using a fiber optic cable to route light to the phototransistor itself. Do this with more than one light sensor, and you can have much better spatial resolution (the ends of two fiber optic cables can (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JAF8tF.16H@lugnet.com... (...) That's good to hear. (...) I'll have to download and check out your program. It looks great! I'll also have to see if I can get the sensor to detect 1x1 (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hello Geoffrey, (...) First, don't worry about heat - such leds are really cool (thermically wise) devices! This one dissipates only about 20 mW... Your fiber optic cable idea is interesting... and it works well! I used the fiber optic cable (...) (18 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Feed Me! Feed Me! Feed Me!

What can I say? This hungry little fellow is a very picky eater. He is hungry. If you don’t feed him often, he demands food. But when you do feed him, he says that the food is disgusting and spits it out. If you are looking for a compact robot with (...) (18 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

I'm looking for ways to build this sensor into a studless beam project of mine, and I was wondering, given it's large size and the comparative brightness of the LED used to light it, how can I use it to detect if an object is blocking a path? (...) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact