 Robotics / NXT / 300
Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:55:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, David List wrote:
Can anyone here help me get continuous drive with NXT motors? I am using
NXT-G now, while getting a feel for Mindstorms NXT. I experience that I am
unable to get continuous drive with the motors when shifting from one block
to another. The speed ramps down when ending the block. When I choose
coasting in stead of braking as the block´s next action, this effect is
slightly weaker, but it is still there.

Will I have to design my own block in LabView to get around this?

Best regards,
David List

I'm not exactly following what you want here, but if you want a block that will
turn on a motor, and then move on to another block, what you probably want is a
"MOTOR" block, not a "MOVE" block.  Using a Motor block, you can choose all
kinds of options, and it can be turned on and stay on until you tell it to stop
with another Motor block.

John