 Robotics / NXT / 304
Re: Line Follower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:03:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Steve Hassenplug <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote:

At 04:09 PM 1/2/07, Patrick Levy wrote:
Hi,

I am starting a project for robotics in my
daughter school, and I want to show a
line follower example. The goal is to make the kids mount a custom path mande
from EVA tiles with the line printed in it, and the robot will make this path.
So, the path will have a lot of right and left
curves (maybe some S paths). And
we have only one sensor.

The question: What it is the best line follower code (RCX or NXT) that is
suitable for this situation? As the code is not
the scope of this demonstration,
i don´t want to spend too much time developing
it (since I already have a lot of
trouble with the EVA stuff...)

Patrick,

I've made a block for NXT-G (the software that
comes with the NXT) that does all the
"line-following" stuff.  All you need to do is
put it in a loop, and set the parameters...

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/

Steve

Thanks Steve! It's perfect. I will use it in one of the NXT robots. But now,
part of this project is to show some comunications between two robots, (and the
other one is a RCX driven. It will also follow a line).

I saw some time ago a small video (i dont remember where) of a RCX line
follower, very fast and accurate. I am sure this link come from lugnet, but i
could not found it.

If anybody knows what video i am talking about, please point it for me, ok?

Thanks

Patrick