 Robotics / NXT / 290
Re: Sending program by bluetooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:38:49 GMT

Hi Jan,

I had asked this question of John Hansen a while back. His response follows.
Note that this reduced my connection time in BricxCC from 17 seconds to 3
seconds.

"First use NeXTTool.exe to create a nxt.dat file like so:

nexttool -listbricks > nxt.dat

notepad nxt.dat

add an alias name (such as "usb" or "x" or whatever you want) followed by a
'=' at the start of each line in nxt.dat.  It should look something like
this:

x=USB0::0X0694::0X0002::001653FF0156::RAW
JCH2=BTH::JCH2::00:16:53:FF:01:56::5

Save the file in the same directory as BricxCC.exe, NBC.exe, and
NeXTTool.exe (which could all be in the same directory).

Then when you specify a port for NeXTTool, BricxCC, or NBC you use the alias
name instead of 'usb' or 'COM1' or whatever you have been using.  That makes
it so the programs do not need to have the communication driver search for
NXT bricks."

I hope this helps.

David Wallace

"Jan Kromhout" <j.kromhout@eon-benelux.com> wrote in message
Dear All,

I send a program compiled (NBC) with the Bricx Command Center to my NXT • with a
Bluetooth connection. It takes a relative long time before my NXT is ready • to
run.
Is this normal?
Can I improve this time?

Regards,