 Robotics / Handy Board / 5988
Re: GCC 2.8.1 for HC11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:30:22 GMT

At 06:36 AM 4/8/99 -0700, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
Oh yea, did you know that if you create code which is located in the first
page of memory that the loader will give you an error while trying to load
it?  ;-)  I guess the running loader code has to live somewhere... • ...
I located the LCD code into 0x0100-0x01ff to get around this (I have an
E1/E9 chip - 512 bytes RAM).  I'll change it later so the code is moved
into first page memory from somewhere else when the program starts.  That
way it'll run on the A-series HC11 chips as well.

Curt, may I suggest that rather than re-invent the wheel you take the LCD
code out of the Handyboard libraries I wrote that are on the icc11 site.
They should pretty much compile out of the box and I know they work :-)
They are also about 75% more efficient than the IC version as they don't
spend anytime busy waiting on the LCD (this really helps multiple servo
performance!) The interface isn't exactly the same as IC (there are things
like cursor positioning routines and support for other LCD sizes) but they
are useful.

--Chuck