 Robotics / Handy Board / *8324 (-20)
  Re: Serial LED is not lighting up during charger board assembly

Hi Scott, as I mentioned before i only assembled some 6.270 boards, but no handyboard. So what's follwing is only what i guess. I can't check this out here. Are you able to measure (always with pin7 J9 as ground reference) +9V at pin2 U16 and -9V at (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Hi Scott, I assembled three 6.270 boards (kind of grandpa of handyboard) some month ago and didn't need an Oscilloscope or a Logic Probe. I guess you'll only need such things if you run into trouble with getting started with your handyboard. So, try (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Serial LED is not lighting up during charger board assembly

I'm in the middle of assembling the Serial Interface and Batt. Charger board but have run into a snag. While testing the serial circuit, I was able to see the +-9V values on pin 2 of U16. However, when testing the transmit and receive functions of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Howdy all, I'm getting ready to finally begin assembly of my HB and I have a question regarding the "necessary" tools for this. In the assembly guide, the last tool it states as needed is a Logic Probe or Oscilloscope. I've used O-scopes before but (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help neeeded in S19

Hi Chee, I used the assembler code of this shaft encoder software to create my own. Although using them in C is quite simple, programming in assembler much toucher - but very nice. Take a look at my website (URL) for the altered shaft encoder code. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help neeeded in S19

Hi To solve your problem you don't need to learn s19 code. You must only something like encoder0_low_threshold= 75; in your program (c and nod s19). You must only replace the 0 (zero) according to your used analog port. For further information refer (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help neeeded in S19

hi, I am using handy board to control my robot. In order to implement dead reckoning, I brought a pair of shaft encoders which give 1000 counts per revolution. I have downloaded encoder driver (.icb file)from Handy Board website "(URL) And, I wish (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Make sure you measure the voltage under load. Without a load the diodes won't look like they're dropping anything. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Yes, Fred, the diodes are in place. I Assume that is where I should start to test for opens, shorts and, bad diodes. Thanks for the help. Andy "Fred G. Martin" <fredm@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:200108150241.WA...net.com... (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Do you have the dropping 2n540x diodes in place? they should drop the 9.6v batt to the 5-6v servo voltage. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Hello again, I was surprised to find that my expansion board servo ports were putting 9 volts. Is this the way the board was designed or is this in error. Most servos I have come across work in the upper 4 to 6 volt range. The servo I have runs (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help Needed With Serial Output Drivers Syntax

Does anyone have an example of how to use the 7i9600 serial driver with the Scott Edwards SSC II. I cannot seem to find any documentation. Thanks, Andy Loy andyl@citlink.net (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Problem in Battery Power

Hi Chee, I have been told the power still needs to be supplied from that connector. My idea was to only use two of the four connecting pins (one for plus and one for minus) downward from the expansion board and solder two female connectors (one for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Problem in Battery Power

Hi ! I am a research student in Robotic. I am using Handy Board together with Expansion Board to interface with DC motors and other sensory devices. Unfortunately, internal power supply is not adequate for powering my motors. So, I am thinking to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Shaft Encoder for Handy Board.

Hi Ridzuan, A couple of weeks ago I posted a question here if anyone had experience in using magnetic field sensors for building shaft encoders. The reactions I got lead me to build two shaftencoders using the KMZ10B by Philips. It is all pretty (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Shaft Encoder for Handy Board.

Hi there! We have three handy board controllers in our lab. We use it as our mobile robot's controller. Now, we want to add feedback motor control routine and required us to use shaft encoder. I just want to know, the model of the shaft encoder that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB for sale

MOVING, gotta go... FOR SALE: Handy Board, Serial interface w/ battery charger; computer connector; misc elements from senosor/motor kit (including all 4 motors, most sensors); Interactive C license key ALL for $200 or best offer Excellent condition (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IRQ and XIRQ pins on handyboard

Hello everybody, Is it a reason why the IRQ pin of the 68HC11 is not available. On the schema, seems that this pin is always up. If I look in the pcode.asm, the interrupt vector for IRQ ($BFF2) is set to RTI (BadInt) So, if I need to link a device (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LMD18200

Hi, I have a question about the PCB that Matt Harlan have made for an LMD18200 H-Bridge. In that PCB seems that the Thermal Flag Output of the chip goes directly out and ready to connet to the HB, but this output will not be, in the case of set, of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Any success running IC with W2000 on notebook?

Hi Steve, I have been running IC version 3.2 without any problems on W2k. Not on a notebook though. You can obtain a personal version of IC 3.2 from NetwtonLabs (www.newtonlabs.com/ic) for $35. Good luck, Willem van Asperen "Steve Mosiman" (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact