 Robotics / 7879
Re: Scout secrets revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:13:32 GMT

Points taken.

I will say this though, it's difficult to find a popular
professional site that uses frames... even when you could logically
make a good "navigation" argument for it.

Main reason for that (I think) is the bookmark/url problem, which indeed
started this thread. But it is possible to use frames that *are*
bookmarkable[1]. I don't use on my site because of some technical issues,
but I would expect some 'professional' sites to come up with that.

Eric

[1] When using asp or cold fusion, tell each frame by a url-variable which
page it is to display.