 Robotics / 7764
Re: Scout secrets revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:56:12 GMT

Eric Brok wrote:
Highlights:
- overview of RCX-triggered responses
- wipe the dust off your Code Pilot, the Scout emits bar codes!

See: http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/robo
and select Scout from menu.

Great information Eric!

I had noticed that the red light pulsed but it did not occur to me that
it could be a coded message. If I could get a scan of Code Pilot Code
Card, I would like to do some experiments to see if and what codes the
Scout could read.

Wordperfect has a bar code generator wizard that creates bar codes in
many formats. If the Code Pilot/Scout bar code format is not unique, I
could create any number of bar codes to test with.

As spacing between light and dark is not a major factor in reading a bar
code, I wonder if a bar code displayed on a computer monitor could be
read by the Scout if it was dragged in front of the screen. Just an
idea.

Robert Eddings