 Robotics / 7785
Re: Scout secrets revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:00:18 GMT

Hi Eric,
thanks for digging into the Scout and revealing all those amazing features!

Last Sunday at the Mindfest I met a Lego representative who confirmed that
there's much more than most of people image packed into the Scout. He told
me they're going to release a textual interface to program it, and they will
probably do sooner than what they originally planned.

BTW, he knew all the names of the people the regularely write here, and web
pages, concepts, works, software and everything happens here. Just to give
you some examples, he came to our table and asked Marco Beri and myself if
we plan to release a new version for our legOS emulator, and is not that
emulegOS is a very widespread tool! And we talked about Laurentino Martins
and his deep experience with Cybermaster, and he mentioned many others.
So now I'm sure THEY DO READ LUGNET, and they pay a lot of attention to what
happens here.

Mario Ferrari
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari

Eric Brok <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote:
Excuse the tabloid heading, but when I investigated undocumented behavior • of
the Scout last night, I hit onto some surprising features.
See the preliminary report on LEGO on my mind.

Highlights:
- overview of RCX-triggered responses
- wipe the dust off your Code Pilot, the Scout emits bar codes!