 Robotics / 2778
Re: Working around the 3 output limitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:58:26 GMT

I've got an working design that SEEMS to get around the problem of
cumulative error.  I use a gear plate that sits atop a regular gear.
Since it's held in place by gravity, when it hits the limit of travel it
simply slips.  This allows me to "reset" it's position by running it one
way long enough to be sure it's slipped a few times.  I can then run it
a known distance to engage the selected drive train. As long as I
"reset" it for each change it stays pretty accurate.

Brett, I don't follow this...  What is a gear plate?
Do you have any pics available?

<ICS>