 Robotics / 25903
Re: NXT to NXT communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 04:20:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Tim Byrne wrote:
Steve, your remote is pretty cool.

It’s a great idea if you have more than one NXT.  I checked with my purchasing
manager (my wife) and I don’t think my request for capital expenditure will be
approved for more than one NXT this year.

Yes, that's a tough one...

<snipity>
  Jim
Kelly actually has a screenshot in his blog <http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/>
under "FLL - Posting 8".  It just acts as a simple remote control.

I also wrote a couple apps for my laptop.  One moves the robot based on the
movement of the mouse.  I used a Bluetooth mouse, and controlled the NXT
(through my PC).  The NXT does NOT support a HID interface, so it can not access
the BT mouse directly.

Another PC app is a remote just like the PDA remote.  That app also shows the
sensor values on the PC.

All that stuff was pretty easy, because LEGO gave us the exact command
specification.  I suspect that will all be available in their SDKs in August.

At this point, the NXT can not receive messages from a Bluetooth GPS (because
the NXT expects a very specific message format).  However, I do have suggestions
on the best way to implement that, once we get a hold of the Open Source
firmware...  :)

Steve

Did you say SDK??  Please elaborate on this...