 Robotics / 25839
Re: NXT to NXT communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 01:29:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:
Hi all you M[U|D]Ps

I know most of the MDPs probably only have 1 NXT, but I'm hoping someone out
there has 2, and has investigated NXT-NXT communication. Is it possible? How
hard is it? I'm currently thinking Bluetooth, but is there any other way? Can an
output be safely connected directly to an input? Can any meaningful
communication happen if it is? Maybe HiTechnic is investigating a output-input
link of some kind? (As above for input-input and output-output.) Any info would
be appreciated.

ROSCO

Hey Ross,

With bluetooth built in, there is no real need for any other kind of brick to
brick communication to be investigated.

Bluetooth is a professional strength protocol with all the necessary networking
features. Since it uses gobs of FLASH in the NXT, it had better be
comprehensive!

JB