 Robotics / 25836
Re: NXT to NXT communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 23:45:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:

I'm hoping someone out there has 2, and has
investigated NXT-NXT communication. Is it possible?

   Yep. I'm not at all sure about hardwiring two NXT's together - to be honest,
I've not even thought about it, because BT connections are so easy and secure.
Early on I investigated the BT option by sending simple numbers between two
NXT's. But there are other options: Steve H made a remote control, and I
recently made another one (time for some NXT racing!). And since communication
can go two ways, the "vehicle" can send detailed information to the remote for
display etc.

What about multiple NXTs? How well does Bluetooth handle message collisions?
Does the NXT have anything built-in to handle them, or would I need to program
some kind of re-try protocol? I assume it also has no built-in addressing
protocol?

ROSCO