 Robotics / 25893
Re: NXT to NXT communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 19:08:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Hansen wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, David Hurley wrote:
Ok after actually reading the other threads in this post, it looks like TLG
decided to develop its own BT profile just for the NXT.  The messaging mechanism
described by Brian and Steve looks like it will allow direct slave-slave
communication, which is not described in the spec to my knowledge.  But it does
make commuications easier among NXT's from what it sounds like.

I am not certain but I believe that the NXT does not allow direct slave-slave
communication.  An NXT can be both a master and a slave in a hierarchical array
of NXTs (to the best of my knowledge) but two slave NXTs cannot directly
communicate with each other.  The way I understand it, the master NXT would have
to have a program running on it which would take a message from slave 1 and pass
it on to slave 2.

John Hansen

OK...it looks like this messaging mechanism in
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=25849 is a little confusing.  Steve cleared
this up a bit in http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=25862

In the hierarchy he discussed, N0 has to go through N1 to talk to N2-4.  This
model can be extended to higher levels in a tree network with three lower level
legs below each node.  So no direct communication...yet.
Dave H.