 Robotics / 25854
Re: NXT to NXT communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 00:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:

So they could potentially be programmed to provide force
or shudder feedback?

   That's one possibility.

Brian said:
all the incoming messages come in over one channel (connection
[0]; connections [1], [2], and [3] are for outgoing messages),

This is not exactly true.  All connections are bi-directional.
You can send and receive over each connection.

   OK, that's a much better way of phrasing that :). The thing that's a little
confusing (to me) is that means that if the NXT named "Ann" wants to communicate
with one named "Ben", you can establish a BT connection with Ann as the "master"
(sending messages out on connection [1], for instance) and Ben as the "slave"
(replying over connection [0]). So while they have one "connection", each NXT
refers to it in a different fashion ([1] or [0], in this case).

Are these multiple connections available via the LEGO retail software

   Yep. One single block to send a message, another to receive. Very simple,
it's just the connection terminology that gets me.

what you describe sounds like you could have more than
2 working together?

   Yes. For instance, with Ann as master I think you could have:

Ann [1]--> Ben
    [2]--> Cat
    [3]--> Dan

--